Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Nominated for a what?

After shoveling another 3 inches of snow this morning, I reheated my tea and then let it get cold while I made this card,using this month's From the Heart digi image,  for the From the Heart February Challenge.
I didn't want to bling it up too much, so I could use it as a guy birthday card.
 



Challenges for this card include:
A Little Bit Crafty February Challenge - Man Up!

Liebster Blog Award

Hello, everyone.   I was honored, I think,  to be nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by KT over at KT Designs. Thank you, KT!  I Think!

I googled this interesting award and Sopphey at Sopphey's Says has a very interesting post explaining it and how it has changed, kind of like a game of whisper down the lane.

LiebsterBlogAward
Here are the current rules of the nomination:
  1. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
  3. Nominate 11 of your favourite blogs with under 500 followers and ask your own 11 questions.
  4. Make sure to let each blogger know about your Liebster Blog nomination on their blog (leave a comment and link back to your Liebster Blog post).
Here are my answers to KT's questions:
1.  What prompted you to create a blog?  I wanted to play Mojo Monday.
2.  What do you do with all the cards you make?  Some I send, some I sell, some go to Operation Write Home and some go to Send a Smile 4 Kids.
3.  What blog reader do you use?  Google Blogger (I'm asking this because I've had trouble with my Blogger Dashboard list loading lately.)
4.  Do you prefer traditional stamping with ink, or digital stamps, and why?  I don't really have a preference, each has perks and drawbacks.
5.  Do you work outside the home and, if so, what is/was your line of work? Nope, I am retired, unless you call doing CTMH Make and Takes for Joyce at stamping shows work.  Before retiring I did accounting work.
6.  What is your favourite craft item to purchase?  Embossing folders
7.  Do you enjoy walking or any other physical activity?  Playing with my grandkids, great physical activity.
8.  Do you have your own craft room?  :>(  Nope. I use the dining room table.
9.  Do you collect anything?  Paper and dust
10.  What is your favourite fruit or vegetable?  Maybe carrot cake.
11.  Do your family members/friends follow your blog?  only 66 of them.
 
 
Here are 11 of my favorite blogs that I have chosen to nominate for the Liebster Award and that my friend KT did not already nominate and that have less than 500 followers: 
 
E Marie - CraftEMarie


 
And here are my questions for the 11 chosen blogs:

Would you like some of the snow currently in my yard?
seriously....
 
  1. What other types of crafts do you enjoy?
  2. Are you a paper hoarder?
  3. Do you ever go to Stamping Shows?
  4. What type of Make and Take Project would you sit down to do?
  5. Don't you hate when you get those Anonymous comments on your blog and it's someone trying to sell something?
  6. Where do you find the best tutorials for card techniques?
  7. Do you enjoy blog hops?
  8. What are your favorite blog hops?
  9. What is your favorite adhesive to use on your cards?
  10. If there were more hours in a day for blogging, what would you do more of?  (I never seem to take enough time writing comments on my friends' blogs, sorry.)
  11. Aren't I too young to be a great-grandmother?
  12. Why did I just spend the better part of the afternoon doing this instead of paying bills?  a) because I spent all my $$$ on craft supplies  b) it's better than shoveling snow   c) it is occupying my brain while I wait for word on whether my new great-granddaughter has made her appearance  d)  because I love my friend KT. 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Debi, Debi, Debi - This is awesome! Congratulations on this award!

    Your post made me laugh!!! I needed a good chuckle tonight! So glad you decided to play along. It had to be more fun than paying those bills, right? I love your answers to the questions. And I love the questions you asked! You are a dear friend, Debi, so glad our paths have crossed!

    Hugs,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love this card - the burning paper is FABULOUS! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at FTHS and our SOTM Progressive Challange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sentiment on fire! Very, very clever.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Debi! I love the way you 'burned' the sentiment. How creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this is so sweet!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on your Liebster blog award!!
    and what a sweet sweet image on your card! what an excellent idea you had to make the sentiment burn with the candle!! extra!!
    i loved it when you wrote about your tea getting cold time and time again, just like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ho i looove the burnt sentiment!! this makes it so realistic! woah fab idea!!
    and your image is so adorably cute!!! great card!
    ♥Thank you so much for sharing on Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog♥
    Shuly DT
    (。◕‿◕。)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - maybe it'll melt the snow? Congrats on your award. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, dear Debi. Just came from Crafty Cardmakers and you made the Top 5 with this adorable card! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.