Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Home again. Home again.

What do you do first when you return home after being away for 2 months?  I'm referring to after you stop at the store for milk, bread and eggs; carry in all the luggage; order a pizza; and get 10 hours of much needed sleep.
So far today,  I have filled my birdfeeders; put away my makeup; dug my craft magazines out of the tub of mail my DH retrieved from the Post Office;  and made my Mojo Monday card.  I haven't unpacked my craft supplies that I took along to Florida.  That will come... eventually.  I just extracted what I needed and used my home stash for the remainder. 

While we were away, my BFF had one of those monumental birthdays.  I had her gift all bagged up before we left, ready to deliver when we got back.  Since the Mojo Monday sketch this week is square, I decided to make a gift card for on the bag.  I'm generally not too thrilled with those little scraps of paper that are on store purchased gift bags.
Before:
After:
 Doesn't that look much better?
(You'll need to tilt your head to compare it to the sketch below.)
Above is a closeup of the 3.5" square gift card.  I used purple cs, to match the gift bag and because it is Dawne's favorite color, covered with a layer of velum.  Going through my stash, I found this great flower sticker and mounted it on yellow cs.   I punched the purple outer scalloped circle and center yellow.  The inside orange circle frame and the glitter numbers were cricut shaped from the CTMH Artiste cartridge.  Finishing touches include, a strip of CTMH shimmer trim, a butterfly brad; white pearls colored orange; and a pink and white swiss dotted ribbon to attach the notecard to the bag.

Here's the Mojo Monday Sketch #437, that I used for this card:

 
 

Ahhh...  Now what should I do?
Baking sounds kind of homey.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for saying hi.