Sunday, October 9, 2016

Joyful Stars Close To My Heart October Blog Hop

 photo JoyfulStarsBlogHopBadge3_zpsa824a544.jpg
Welcome to the Joyful Stars October blog hop, where a group of talented Close to My Heart consultants, and me, gather to share ideas with you in a fun blog hop. 
D1696
When I first saw the Woodland Wishes stamp set with matching Thin Cuts, I thought the images would make a great step card.  
Step Cards are not hard.  
But I sure tried my best to make it hard, scoring wrong, cutting wrong,  embossing the paper upside down, blotching the ink when I stamped, matching the wrong snowflake stamps with the wrong thin cuts.  It was just one of those days.
Miraculously, here is my finished side step card:

The patterned paper is from the City Sidewalks paper pack.
 product image
The shapes were all cut with the CTMH matching Thin Cuts, which cut perfectly on cardstock and glitter paper, with only one pass through my Cuttlebug. 
 
Now, since this is a blog hop you might have arrived here from Marie Flayer's blog.
Your next stop is Stephanie Brown's blog.  The hop is circular. So if you are just starting here, simply continue hopping until you find your way back, making the full circle.  If you get lost, the complete list of participants is on Joyce's blog.  

6 comments:

  1. Step cards ARE fun...and I just created one recently too! :) I won't tell you how many tries it took me to get it right- LOL! :) Great use of this stamp set/thin cuts. So cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your woodland themed card. It is perfect for the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Woodland Wishes with the City Sidewalks paper...never in a million years would I have combined the two yet it works so well. I gave hubby a choice of stamp sets to use for Christmas cards this year and he picked this one and I think your stair step idea might just get incorporated too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulou fancy folded card! I love the placement of your deer and trees on the side steps of the card. Great background papers too. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love stair step cards and this one is beautiful. Nice job Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Where did you get the pattern from?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.